Monday, July 28, 2014

Saving Money with Couponing and Amazon

WELCOME MONDAY!

This is what I had to tell myself this morning, when my alarm was screaming and my brain was screaming..NOOO!  Anywho... I got passed it with some coffee and the first thing on my mind this morning was Amazon Prime because my subscribe and save products were shipped yesterday, I know because I received both an email and a text message.  This made me realize that I need to share my experience with Amazon and how it might help you save money also!

To start, let me explain what Amazon Prime is.  In short, it is a service that provides you with free 2 day shipping on all products they sell--everyday!  In addition, the service now provides FREE online music, movies, books, and TV streaming.  Because of this, the service is a dream if you are an avid reader, movie buff, or just an Amazon shopper.  If the movie and series streaming sounds the most appealing to you, keep in mind that a years subscription to Amazon Prime is less than 12 months of the cheapest Netflix plan combined.  And if you take advantage of subscribe and save..ever...this gets you the fastest, best shipping on everything-everyday.  So in my opinion, it is worth the advertised price of $99/yearly. It should be noted that Amazon offers coupons for their products also.  So you can still save money couponing with Amazon...we will cover that in another post!  But here is how you could evaluate for yourself:

  • Shipping. If you spent more than $99 in shipping fees last year...
  • Reading. If you purchased eight full-price Kindle books last year that are available in the Kindle lending library....
  • Instant video. Amazon Prime is cheaper than both Hulu Plus and Netflix...
Now here are a couple of ways to help you save even more, While a regular Amazon Prime membership costs $99 for the year, you can try it for free for 30 days. They also have 2 other options for their membership service:
Registration Instructions for your FREE .EDU email address:

Link to Sign Up Page [californiacolleges.edu]
Step 1: Who are you?
Pick any category (student, adult, parent). If you have no preference, suggest you choose "parent" because it simplifies subsequent choices.

Step 2: Select school or program.
Choose a school or program from the drop-down list.
Fill in any other requested information.

Step 3: Account Information.
Skip down to the username field and make sure the one you want is available using the "check" link once you type a username. Once you have a USABLE username, go back up to the email field.
In the email field ONLY enter the username you chose and "@californiacolleges.edu" in BOTH fields

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ENTER ANY "NORMAL" EMAIL ADDRESS ON THIS WEB FORM.

Leave all optional fields blank. Fill in all other blanks (except for the email addresses!).
If the username you chose was clear and you entered it properly in the email field with the "@californiacolleges.edu" attached to it, an edu email address will be CREATED for you at this point. Congrats!You can now find your email messages by navigating through the website to the "Your Portfolio" tab.

You can now use this email address to sign up for Amazon Student.  Please keep in mind that this email address is not able to receive HTML formatted emails, so the initial email you receive from Amazon after signing up for Amazon Student you will not be able to access, so please follow these steps to have amazon send you a plain text email for activation of your student account.



Contact Amazon Live Help Chat Support
After connected and chatting with someone, tell them, "I applied for the Amazon Student and I can't receive any HTML emails from amazon since my school email accounts can't receive HTML emails as the school administrators have told me. I need help activating my account. Please advise how I can validate my email."

They should send you a plain text email with the activation link and also provide it to you in chat fairly quickly and easily.*****Please note, I cant make promises, but it has worked for several people who did not have their edu emails addresses yet, but wanted to enjoy the benefits of Amazon Prime Student.  These individuals followed all the steps to creating an email account so they could sign up with Amazon Prime--your results may vary and of course, the easiest way is to wait until you have your edu address from the school of attendance****

Well, we will have to cover Subscribe and Save another day...cause it is a whole lot of info in itself! :)  No matter how you slice it, Amazon Prime is an awesome service for many different types of consumers.  Many of the deals I come across are with Amazon and are for those that have Amazon Prime.  Keep in mind that this service is not for everyone...but if you want to give it a try, use the links in this post or email me at camibeth3@hotmail.com so that I can have amazon send you a trail link directly, whatever you like!  Hope this helps you save even more money....and as always,

Take Care and Be Blessed~



No comments:

Post a Comment