Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Gift Bin

Hey peeps....here I am with a last minute thought for the day.  I want to give you a little incite on my "gift bin," as my daughter calls it.  It's comprised of nice items that could be used as gifts in many situations.  I keep "boy" gifts, "girl" gifts, wedding gifts, baby gifts..any item that I can get for next to nothing and is nice enough to give as a present.  So here's the deal... throughout the year, year round, I scour the Internet for what I think are awesome incentive freebie gifts.  Tonight I came across one that I thought was a great example of this.

FREE NIKON CAMERA

http://www.mb57.com/lnk.asp?o=6869&c=918273&a=152954

When you click that link, it takes you to a site that you would probably never give a second thought too.  It is doubtful that it interests you and truthfully, it didn't interest me, either!  But wait a second... if you notice, they are offering a FREE Nikon Coolpix S2500 for trying out their program for just $1.  Why is this important to you...well..mainly because a brand new camera(even a cheap one) costs more than $1.  If after reading this post, you decide to take the trial, as I did, you will receive a brand new camera and in my book, a $1 camera is a #slickdeal.  So whats the catch, you ask...the catch is that you also are "trying out" their services in a trial method.  In this particular case, you are trying out games on a website in exchange for the $1.  The Nikon Coolpix S2500 is your #free gift for trying out the games.  There are hundreds of cool offers like this out there, and I try to claim as many of them as possible...it keeps my gift bin full.

Now before I wrap this up, I want to explain a couple more items about these type of offers to you.  Mainly, that most offers like these have stipulations or requirements that have to be met before the free gift or promo item is shipped to you.  In this case, the websites clearly states,

"In order to receive your welcome bonus, you will have to: 1. After the sign up, login to NowLucky.com with the password that we have sent you by email, go to My account and add your postal address. 2. Play at least 10 complete games within the trial period. It does not matter whether it is the same game 10 times or different games as long as you have played at least 10 times. We will then send you your welcome bonus to the address you have confirmed with us."

Please understand, that unless you follow these instructions, you will not receive your #Nikon #Camera and you will have wasted $1.  I don't want you to do that...so please ALWAYS know the pre-requisites for receiving your free gift before signing up.

#2-  It is likely, that most of these types of incentive free gift offers will have a subscription period that accompanies the initial investment, in this case...in exchange for $1, you are provided with trial period of 3 days.  Unless you want to shell out more money for this site(and I'm guessing you don't)...you need to not only make sure you complete the requirements for the gift in that allotted trial period, but also REMEMBER TO CANCEL within that time frame.  Per the website reference above,

 "Your membership is a subscription service. If you do not unsubscribe within the trial period (3 days) it will automatically go into a membership. The membership costs $99 and will be renewed every 30 days.  You can always cancel your subscription by sending an email to support@nowlucky.com. To be able to cancel your subscription correctly you need to include the email address you used when you signed up."

As you can see with this offer, you must send them an email to cancel your subscription and make sure you are not charged anything beyond the $1.  Some places require emails, some have phone numbers...make sure you know how to cancel before signing up!  I have a notebook(yes, pen and paper LOL), that I use exclusively to keep track of all of these type of transactions.  I write down the date of purchase, purchase amount, freebie offered, trial period, cancellation method, and the requirements to attain the gift.  By having all of this information in front of me, I am able to easily keep track of what I have and haven't received or what I need to cancel.  Of course, this could just as easily be tracked with #excel or something of the like.  Another great way of making sure you cancel in time is setting an alarm for yourself on your phone or computer, with the title--CANCEL TRIAL TODAY!!  It'll get your butt in gear every time.

Well that about does it kids...it may seem like a lot of work, but when you're serious about living well, on very little...you make saving money one of your jobs!   Saving money is a way of life and can transfer into every aspect of your day, even gifting! :)  Long live the Gift Bin. 
And as always, 

Take Care and Be Blessed~ 

WHAT KIND OF FREEBIES WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO POST?
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR IDEAS~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment